JNDC was represented at the Rohingya Cultural Center (2740 W. Devon) on July 8 when the local Jewish and Rohingya communities met for an evening of fellowship and learning about each other’s history and traditions. About 30 people in total attended. The groups mingled at mixed tables, over dinner respecting dietary traditions of both faiths. Interactions grew more animated over an “art project” that encouraged participants to inscribe rocks with words or images of happy feelings of loving-kindness. Thank you to Rabbi Ari Hart of Skokie Valley Agudath Jacob for inviting Jewish Neighborhood Development Council of Chicago to participate in the ongoing effort to ease the Rohingya immigrant transition.
- October 23 – November 20, 2022 | Chicago Public Library Northtown Branch
- JNDC Testimony Built Case for Jewish Integrity of 50th Ward
- Pigeon Abatement Advocacy & Signs in Multiple Languages
- JNDC Furthers Holocaust Education in Northwest Side Neighborhood
- Shops Get Help with Repairs & More Thanks to JNDC Advocacy